Monday, November 06, 2006

Would I Trip If I Daydreamed All Day?

I shouldn’t be left alone with my thoughts for too long. It’s always a dangerous thing because sooner or later, your mind starts playing tricks on you. You get delusional. Scary. I don’t want to be that way anymore. On the other hand, it wouldn’t be wise to not be self-aware either. I guess the secret is to know when to stop brooding over things and come back up to the world of the living.

I can’t stay in the daydream, sleepwalking through my day for too long. There are too many painful reminders that we live in a broken world. Maybe that’s why I like sleeping. It’s the only time I’m able to forget. I never realized before I why I liked sleeping so much. In my dreams I get to fly. I get to love without feeling the need to be so guarded. Without having to deal with gravity and the fear of falling. I was watching Smallville last week and the episode had Clark and a dying Brian up on a hot-air balloon. Future Superman admitted he was scared of flying.

I’m not scared of flying. I’m scared of falling.

No comments: