Wednesday, July 18, 2007

when a man loves a woman

send by a friend:



wisdom comes tru the yrs. as told oftentyms by those who hv gone tru the storms of winter and heat of summers,the flowers of springtym tht wilted in fall.It is also for those who hv witnessed the death of others but wud not think of ones own. My name is norman and my fren Adrian always tells me tht younger men need a wise n older man to tell them things,things like whom to trust,how to love,how to have a good life.Not long ago, Adrian lost his wife Janet to cancer.God knows she was a fighter but in the end,the disease won the seven yr battle...One day, Adrian pulled a folded paper from his wallet, He said he found it while going tru the drawers in the house.It was a love note,in Janets handwriting.It looked like a schoolgirls daydream note about a boy across the street.All tht ws missing was a hand-drawn heart and the names "Adrian n Janet".This note was written by the mother of four children,a woman w/in the months of the end.It was a wonderf! ul prescription for holding a marriage together. This is how Janet's nota about her husband begins, "Loved,Cared,Worried". Adrian didnt joke w/ his wife about cancer,Hed come home and shed be in one of the moods cancer patients get lost in and hed take her in the car fast enuf n say "Im taking u out to dinner."He worried and she knew it.You dont hide things from someone who knows better.The next words written were,"Helped me wen I was sick."Janet wrote this during the horrible pain brought by cancer.The list contained, "Forgave me for a lot of things.""stood by me"."provided me evrything if ever needed." And she ended her note by saying,"My husband my good fren to the last breath of my life."Then i ask Adrian,"Adrian you must hv sacrificed for Janet.How do i know i wud have wat it takes to stand by my wife if she got sick?" It took a while before he answered," You will",he said,"If you love her enuf,you will."



my promise, i will..

No comments: