Tuesday, October 03, 2006

...

...And while I was singing in my sleep and missing you so badly (and in between praising our good Lord for the order amidst chaos in my life), I knew for certain that I was a hopeless case. I can never rebound from this quagmire I’m at...I could not move on...I could not even step forward my right foot.

It’s hard to be in love simply because we fell out of love already... And like the song I keep singing in my sleep, I wait in vain for the time when we will both realize that what we had before was something really special – no force on earth could destroy it...no boundaries it could not cross, no feeling much stronger than it could untangle what we had in our hearts. Because I knew, and I hope you knew it too, that what we had was love – love pure of innocence.... But when distance drifted us apart, we conspicuously stopped caring for each other, dropping each other like a hot potato.

How come? Was it the overwhelming space? Or was it the choking distance? Or perhaps the numbing loneliness? Whatever the case, we learned, through time and distance, to stop caring. ..“People change,” you said. “Yeah,” I replied. “There is nothing we can do about this,” you said. “So this is it?” I asked her. “Yes, I guess this is it,” she said. And just like that, our past dissolved in an instant, like salt melting on a glass of water. Distance swallowed what were between us, time erased what we shared before, and both of us were willing victims of our own folly.


Now, I'm stuck in my bed, missing you, singing in my sleep, waiting in vain

No comments: