Sunday, October 01, 2006

Words with God

Q: God?
A: Yes.
Q: Yes?
A: Yes.
Q: Yes what?
A: Yes, this is God.
Q: God…God who?
A: The God…in heaven…the one you wanted to talk to.
Q: I just said “God?” and you answered.
A: That’s because I’m God.
Q: Oh, okay. Hi God.
A: Hello.
Q: God, why is the sky blue?
A: Because I made it that way.
Q: Why?
A: So that you would ask that question.
Q: Why?
A: So that I could show you that I can do what I want.
Q: Oh…
A: Don’t ask why again.
Q: Why…
A: Don’t
Q: Oh, sorry
A: No you’re not.
Q: Really?
A: I can’t lie.
Q: Really?
A: Oh you of little faith.
Q: Sorry…did I mean it that time?
A: You should be able to tell me that.
Q: Well…I think I did.
A: Wrong.
Q: Wrong what?
A: You weren’t sorry.
Q: Who are you to tell what I am or am not feeling?
A: God.
Q: Oh yeah…sorry…I meant it that time!
A: No you didn’t.
Q: Well maybe not by your standards but I did.
A: Aren’t my standards the ones that count?
Q: I don’t know…you tell me.
A: No.
Q: Why?
A: Because I’m God.
Q: Oh…Hey God? About that…thing…
A: What about it?
Q: You know what about it. Remember? You’re the all knowing God.
A: Yes. But.
Q: But what?
A: Do I have to finish that sentence?
Q: So…if I talk to you for a while will you let me have it?
A: Does it have to be a compromise?
Q: Between what and what?
A: Give and take.
Q: Isn’t that your forte?
A: You’ll never understand where I’m going.
Q: But…aren’t you already there?
A: Very perceptive… What are you thinking?
Q: I was thinking that…wait, you’re God, don’t you know?
A: Yes, but I was trying to start conversation.
Q: I thought so! I got you God.
A: Always and forever.
Q: Really?
A: Do I lie?
Q: No…Then you have to do what I say?
A: No, why would I do that.
Q: Because you said that I had you! C’mon God…lets play even here…
A: But we’re not.
Q: Never mind…God?
A: Yes.
Q: Yes what?
A: Yes, I’m listening, and yes, I do have a sense of humor.
Q: Really?
A: Yes, have you looked in the mirror lately?
Q: Yes.
A: Okay.
Q: Hey…
A: How about you just understand that my sense of humor is beyond you.
Q: Aren’t you all beyond me?
A: No, I’m behind you too.
Q: So you’re beyond me and ahead of me.
A: Yes, I’m everywhere.
Q: Isn’t that cosmic humanism?
A: No that’s omnipresence.
Q: Oh…what’s omnipresence?
A: Me
Q: Okay. God? About last night, like I said this morning, I’m really sorry.
A: Yesterday?
Q: Yeah remember? The…you know party…and that girl…
A: What party? What girl?
Q: God. You’re God, you know everything…remember? Over on 5th…I was mad at my parents?
A: I don’t remember anything.
Q: Oh, thanks.
A: That’s what we’re here for.
Q: Okay. God?
A: Yes.
Q: Yes?
A: Yes.
Q: So, you knew what I was going to say?
A: Yes.
Q: Always do?
A: Always have.
Q: Cool.
A: Yes.
Q: Hey God?
A: Yes?
Q: Are you real?

No comments: